Too many lawyers, thinking “I can help almost any business,” try to pursue everyone, which isn’t possible. Why not pursue prospects that are just like the best client you’ve ever had?
In this RainmakerVT experience, you’ll learn how to model and profile the clients that:
- Have challenging work that you love doing
- Will pay your full rate, on time, with a smile
- Will appreciate your dedication, skill, commitment, integrity, and judgment
These aren’t fantasy clients, but real clients just like one or more that you’ve already had (but not as often as you’d like). These are the clients who, if your practice was made up mostly of clients just like them, would make you the happiest, most successful lawyer on Earth. Unless you think that that one great client you had was the only one in existence, there’s no reason why you can’t
- logically profile them
- identify industries where they’re found in greater numbers
- insert yourself into their problem discussion as a welcome contributor
You don't have time or resources to pursue “everyone” or “anyone.” Here's a sample of how to visualize and define those whose circumstances cause them to want to hire you.
For what do you want to be known? The process of identifying the source of real opportunity for you, and attracting the attention of the right kind of clients for the right reasons. It’s not who you know, but who knows you -- more importantly, what they know you for. The good news is that it’s completely within your control.